Ever have one of those days when everything goes weird?
Wake up to the sound of Christmas music in May? Weird.
Take a sip of grapefruit juice *thinking* it was water? Weird.
Asked if you (me) were from France? Weird squared.
Nowwww, go make these! They're so simple, it's stupid.
INGREDIENTS: (makes 4 small sides)
- 1# baby yukon gold potatoes (red potatoes can be substituted)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ t. kosher salt
- 2 t. finely chopped rosemary (fresh)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- cracked black pepper to taste
-Preheat oven to 425° F.tip1
-Leave smaller potatoes whole and cut larger potatoes in half lengthwise so that they’re even in size.tip2
-Toss the potatoes in olive oil and salt, coating evenly.
-Place on a sheet tray (no parchment paper) with cut sides down, leaving space between each potato.tip3
-Cook 30 minutes or until cut sides are golden-brown and potatoes are fork tender.
-While still hot, use a spatula to assist in removing from tray; toss with rosemary, lemon juice and cracked black pepper.tip4
1. High heat helps to brown the outside while keeping the inside tender.
2. Pieces should be roughly even in size to ensure even cooking.
3. Browning can only occur with the assistance of oxygen- make sure to leave space between each potato.
4. Rosemary shouldn’t be consumed raw; add while potatoes are hot to make palatable.