Yesterday was not wonderful. It took over six hours to drive back from Vegas and I then went straight to work to cook a dinner party for [see number 5]. By the time I finished cleaning up and hanging out, my feet were so swollen that you'd think certain thoughts.
After another two weeks away from home (Martha's Vineyard work trip and Vegas fun trip), I think I've subsequently reached adulthood. For the first time in my life, I soaked my legs- shins and all- in epson salt without my mom telling me to. I'm even elevating them. Geesh, surprise responsibility after a Sin City trip comes in many forms.*
*Like in the form of 10 toes**
1. Three seconds after I took this pic using instagram, I was approached by Encore security and let known that photos of gaming areas aren't permitted. Little did the nice security guard know that I captured one pretty roulette table, soon to be the real winner of that night.
2. The view that many escorts must wake up to.
3. One of my families know that my absolute favorite pens are from The Four Seasons Hotels and brought me a little gift!
4. Eleven Madison Park's Warm Bread Salad recipe from their newish cookbook. SOLID.
5. Same family as number 3's daughter just left to start at Georgetown and I'm planning to FedEx her a quart container of my tears. The coconut cake (made with pineapple!) from SusieCakes is something special.
6. "The hardest period in life is one's twenties. It's a shame because you're your most gorgeous and you're physically in peak condition. But it's actually when you're most insecure and full of self-doubt. When you don't know what's going to happen, it's frightening." -Helen Miren. Youth is wasted on the young, yes?
7. Interesting read on how the cost of lobsters have gone down, but why we're still paying high prices.