Off to Martha's Vineyard for a week of work with some of my favorite people. I've packed my city attitude and a minimal amount of preppiness.
Island time commences as soon as I land.
1. An artist's reflection of lost love, with thread.
2. Well done, cakecrumbs.
3. Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers at the Hollywood Bowl Wednesday. I think it was the best night of my mom's life.
4. What amazing thoughts comes from this man.
5. George Saunders' advice to recent graduates of Syracuse University. Some say it's a tad facile, but I think it's much more deep-rooted.
6. Bonus: God bless YouTube. The best part of it all starts at :38.