I was talking to a friend on the phone the other day about life, this time of year, blah blah blah and we pretty much decided it can go in one of two ways:
1) Happy and exciting and merry and bright.
2) Dark and somber and BAH HUMBUG.
Fine. There's a spectrum between the two. That would make her and I a 1.5. I know, I know. We both decided we'll snap out of it when it get's closer, like the 22nd or so.
In the meantime, I haven't given up my hobby of drinking after work. (Once a line cook, always a line cook). Lately I've been into Bulleit Bourbon, but I thought I'd make a quick seasonal change and add cider. Then I switched to Brandy since apples and brandy are a classic combination. So here is my lazy, bah humbug winter cocktail:
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) spiced cider (I used R.W. Knudsen)
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Brandy (I used The Christian Brothers)
- 2 ice cubes (love these molds)
- Cinnamon stick, to garnish
Directions: Turn off any surrounding holiday music. Put everything in a glass. Drink.