I was supposed to leave NYC on Tuesday, but oops...I'm still here. What can I say?? I'm liking my little hiatuses. Here's some of what I've been up to:
1. Pearl Oyster Bar- a summer tradition of mine! Go for lunch, order the lobster roll with a glass of vouvray and you'll be able to die happy.
2. Morning light looking downtown.
3. Bloomingdale's frozen yogurt- what I still consider my favorite. Love the chocolate (with carob chips ALWAYS).
4. Jogged along the Hudson up to Riverside Park. The boat basin reminds me of You've Got Mail.
5. The fountain at Lincoln Center. I could watch it for minutes...which I did.
6. Levain Bakery is known for their cookies, but I'd travel across the country and jog half of Manhattan for the cinnamon butter brioche, which I also did. When I lived here, I'd often call in to reserve one since they sell out many mornings.
7. Shake Shack Madison Square Park + friends + bottle of rose = bliss (and the fireflies came out!!!)
8. Snapped this pic from the north end of the reservoir. One of my favorite jogs.
9. Marie's Crisis! Because I really am a gay man at heart and because it's the best free show in town.